analytics

Wednesday 2 February 2011

Puffballs and Grotbags

So lets face up to the fact that the 80's was devoid of a lot of things. Style being one of them.

Like the puffball skirt for example.

I remember attending a school disco in the late 80's wearing a friends white puffball and some strange puffy boots. I realised half way through the night when I glanced in a mirror that I looked like a cloud.

That wasn't really the look I was going for. And needless to say, its one 80's look I won't be resurrecting any time in the future.

But there is something we did well in the 80's. Kids TV. And we did it really well. Think Dangermouse, Batfink, Thundercats, He-man ... The list is pretty endless.

And it doesn't stop with cartoons. Roland Rat, Grotbags, Basil Brush are all brilliant examples of those characters and shows that kept us tuning in each night / week.

Which might explain why so many of them are still around today (I found a brilliant website today for any Roland Rat fans out there: http://www.ratfans.com/ ).

Right, off now to watch an episode of Dangermouse with my 7 year old....

No comments:

Post a Comment