analytics

Monday 7 February 2011

My top 10 movies from the 80's

I started to complile a list of my top tens films from the 80's.

I started out with a top 20 and then was pretty ruthless in weeding them down to 10. So there are LOADS missing that nearly made it. I didn't include any that have had recent remakes (for example Karate Kid was a huge favourite).

The biggest surprise is seeing when they were released, and then working out how old I was when I watched them.  My hope is that I watched them a lot later than when they were released, otherwise I think I may have been watching things a little inappropriate for my age ;)

In no particular order, my favourites are:

FilmYearI was:Comments
Gregory's girl19815 yearsHhmmm, I think this one was definately watched later than the release date. Great film though, still love it!
ET19826 yearsI do remember seeing this at the time it came out - absolutely loved it and still do. Have the DVD.
An Officer and a gentleman19826 yearsAnother one where I hope I watched it much later than release date! Very corny, very 80's - got to love it!
Flashdance19837 yearsI think I was about 12 when I first saw this - I thought it was amazing at the time. Watched it last year and couldn't believe how funny the 'female welder / part time ballerina / strip club dancer' storyline was. Classic 80's!
NeverEnding Story19848 yearsWatched this on TV, and loved it. Cried so much when the horse died!
Back to the Future19859 yearsWatched this wehn it was first released on video (probably betamax!). Loved it. The leading actor was my dream man, lol!
Mannequin198711 yearsThis one would probably take the number 1 spot for me - watched it at the cinema and totally loved it. Only realised recently the Mannequin was played by on of the cast members of Sex and the City.
Bill and teds excellent adventire198812 yearsI can't remember if it was this, or Wayne's World (90's) that I loved the most, but great film nevertheless!
Who Framed Roger Rabbit198812 yearsI have to put this in my top 10 as there was so much hype about it at the time - the graphics were supposed to be amazing - really funny watching it now and realising how fast things have progressed. Think Avatar!
Dead Poets Society198913 yearsClasic film - haven't watched it for years but I suspect i would still cry lots.

No comments:

Post a Comment