analytics

Thursday 3 February 2011

Fantasy is way much more fun..........

One of the best things about being a kid is that fuzziness that merges reality and fantasy together a bit.

Like my daughter, aged 7, who is still not quite certain whether its possible to fly (if you try really really hard!!), and who, after watching Matilda suspects the washing on the line is moving because she blinked her eyes at it.

I love seeing how the mundane reality of wind blowing clothes on a washing line turns into a magical adventure with a little sprinkling of imagination.

I actually remember trying to jump into a picture I had drawn after watching the amazing Mary Poppins, and even though it didn't quite happen, I was convinced I was just doing it wrong. Impossible wasn't really part of my vocabulary back then.

In fact, the sillier stuff was always the best for me. Why Don't You, Blue Peter, Newsround - yes they were educational, and I should probably have been watching them.

But a bold warrier fighting evil force (go She-Ra), a rat with a big attitude, a bat with wings like shields of steel, a spotty teddy bear from space - now that's what I'm talking about.



Perhaps that explains why I'm as happy watching an episode of Peppa Pig with my daughter as I am watching Panaroma. Sometimes a little silliness goes a long way........................

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I hated Why Don't You too! the crazy ones are always the best - I just LOVED the cartoon about the Loch-ness monster - can't remember the name of it now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Emma - I think you are talking about Family ness? - see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkdjqFAXMF0

    ReplyDelete